Professor Paul Tipton B.D.S., M.Sc., D.G.D.P., UK
Specialist in Prosthodontics
Professor Tipton gained his Masters Degree after two years study at the Eastman Dental Hospital and London University graduating with an MSc in Conservative Dentistry. The following year he began teaching the new MSc in Restorative Dentistry at Manchester University and now has his own Restorative, Cosmetic and Implant courses run from his Tipton Training Academies in Leeds, Manchester, London and Liverpool. Professor Tipton is an experienced Expert Witness with over 30 years acting as an Expert Witness. He is a founding member of the Academy of Expert Witnesses, a member of the Academy of Experts, the Expert Witness Institute, the Personal Injury Lawyers and Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine.
Professor Tipton’s commitment to:
- To deliver expert witness advice as a leading specialist in the field of dentistry in a timely, professional and concise manner.
- To issue concise, accurate and clear reports to assist the courts with their decisions.
- To ensure communication is paramount throughout the process.
- To provide excellent treatment results
- To have continuous superior client care
- Professor Tipton has been recognised in the Top 10 most influential people in dentistry for the last 5 years (Dentistry Magazine).
In 1992 Paul was awarded the D.G.D.P from the Royal College of Surgeons and appointed a member of the BDA Independent Practice Committee. In 1999 Paul was awarded Specialist status in Prosthodontics from the General Dental Council. He regularly lectures at home and abroad and is renowned for his one-year Restorative and Cosmetic Dentistry and Implantology courses, where over 2500 dentists have graduated during the last 20 years and, for his numerous articles on Implantology and Cosmetic and Restorative dentistry. Over this time he has represented many patients as their dental expert witness. He is on the editorial board of Private Dentistry magazine and Restorative & Aesthetic Practice and was a founding member of the British Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry and the British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. He is currently President of the British Academy of Restorative Dentistry (BARD).