Professor Tipton applies a general code of conduct in his approach to Expert Witness work as designated by the “Academy of Experts” on 31st March 2010. In addition to this Code of Conduct there are Codes of Practice when acting as either an Expert or Dispute Resolver. Professor Tipton therefore complies with :-
- Being a “fit and proper” person
- Having and maintaining a high standard of technical knowledge and practical experience in their professional field
- Keeping their knowledge up to date and undertaking appropriate continuing professional development and training.
- Members shall at all times act with integrity
- A member shall not act in such a way as is likely to bring discredit on himself or The Academy of Experts
In addition Professor Tipton has PI Insurance of £1m as advocated by the Expert Witness Academy on 31st March 2010.